Sunday 4 March 2012

The Upper East Side and me

Last summer I had the extreme good fortune to go to New York and I've come to the conclusion that I would not mind living in that city.
I was going through some holiday photographs, which is always fun! And I suddenly remembered this really funny/cool moment that I had.

My sister and I were walking back to the apartment from the The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Our way back lead us through the streets of the Upper East Side. Home to the fancy and really rich families of New York. Even if you hadn't watched as much tv as me, you'd know this place was fancy because on every corner there were designer stores. And by designer stores I mean stores like Oscar de la Renta!


Anyway, so there we were 2 naturally slobby people walking down streets where people looked all polished and clean. They looked like this


 
                                                                        and this




 I on the other hand looked the most touristy I had in my entire life. I should also mention that my sister did not look as raggedy as I did. She looked pretty nice according to me. 



But the best part about all of this was that as we walked by the little tiny cafe type restaurants, with their chairs on the side of the pavement, the people would look up from their conversations and their food and stare at the two of us.

It was brilliant! For an extremely brief period in their lives these people stared at my raggedy self. It still amuses that even though some(most) might have stared us up and down with disdain, they chose to spends a few minutes in their lives(which they will never get back) staring just at me! 


(image of man and woman : the sartorialist)
(image of gruntbuggled and me clicked by dad and edited by G)

2 comments:

  1. Hah!
    I really wished we bump into The Sartorialist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe just read this. The guy looks like the devil from Reaper.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.Do comment :)