Saturday 3 March 2012

-Shreya Agarwal

I thought I'd start a series about the people in my life. I am going to call it "my series of the people in my life". 
This is going to happen for 2 reasons, one because who I am is because of them and second if I mention them on the blog again you'll know who they are.




                                                                                                                                                                                          





Till the age of 17 a lot of the people in your life are family. So when it comes to making friends we like to choose only the best and to some extent it holds true for Shreya and me.
But as far as I remember, I never particularly chose to be friends with her. We had 2 mutual friends and were hence forced to hangout together. If I'd been left to my own devices I probably would have pushed her away, as I once actually did. But I was 10 so don't blame me.

More than anything, in our some 6 years of friendship I am grateful to her for this past year. It's only in the start of this year and the year gone by, that I fearlessly and with complete honesty wrote to her.

There is something you should know about me, if I'm talking to you face to face I'm probably keeping a lot to myself,  withholding a lot. When I'm writing to you I'm near completely honest.
And though she was closest friend even a year ago I would keep so much to myself. Things I should have shared or could have, I didn't.
I am glad that when I did decide to be completely honest, she listened. It made this fear of being open go away. I realised how silly it had been to be shy.

I remember telling her once of this feeling I had, that when we grew up into our adult lives I would be the first to leave this lovely little group of friends of ours. To which she replied saying that she loved me too much to ever let me go.

Those were the loveliest lines ever spoken to me. ( and they weren't even by someone related to me!)

We have this weird sort of telepathic link, which she just recently termed 'best friend specialities'.
So many time I would just think of her and she would text me that very instant or vice versa. A lot of times I'd feel low or some strange mix of feelings and when I would tell her she'd explain it to me so beautifully because she was feeling it too.
Though I should warn you, you should never be in the company of really happy Shreya and Karman we become extremely crazy and quite a bit rude.

The main reason, why she is my bestest most trusted friend, is because I chose her to be honest with.
From all the people I know I chose her and no one else.







2 comments:

  1. Ahh. This is lovely.
    Own a blog like this, i feel so cool that I am your friend.
    And when you write a post about me on that blog, I reach the peak of awesomeness.
    Thankyou karman, 'for being there and being you.'
    You said those words if you don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never forget when I said that and why I did.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you.Do comment :)