Thursday 8 March 2012

Slow Show



Recently these words keep coming back to me.
"You've been feeling pretty lately. It's true! and you realised that it actually never had anything to do with how you looked."
I'd written these to myself back in mid january, in a kind of letter to my future self. 


I heard this yesterday.



It felt like, it had been there waiting for me. Just sitting there and calmly waiting for the day I would hear it.

"you know I dreamed about you, for twenty nine year, before I saw you"


When I heard it, it made me feel beautiful.
There are some songs that sound so very beautiful. They create this heavenly image in your head and there are some even rarer songs that make you feel that you are all those things.

I stood in my room, under nothing but the light of the electric fairies that adorn my board.
Swaying barefoot on the carpet. Twirling and jumping to this lovely sound in my ears.
I felt pretty.
In the pyjamas I had been wearing all day I was dancing in ways that probably made me look like the biggest dancing bird.

But I felt graceful.
Beautiful, the most I have ever felt in my life.

In a sense it makes me peaceful, this song.
Like when you walk outside in the night time its quiet and you look up at the moon and for no reason at all you smile to yourself. Like that lovely sensation you have after a long deep breath but prolonged.
Sort of hopeful.

"I wanna hurry home to you, put on a slow dumb show for you and crack you up"









1 comment:

I would love to hear from you.Do comment :)