Monday 24 January 2011

Letting go



Since starting this year of school I've had a problem.
If you saw it, you'd say it wasn't that bad. I mean it affected no one but me/ But that was serious enough for me.
Being in school and that too at the age of 16 life can really sometimes be out of some crappy clichéd movie. Where things are always a certain way and must remain at that.
I think my mom and cousin can vouch for the fact that the drama in school really affected me.Not that it was about me, but just the fact that even if I tried to change things a little bit, more drama would follow and that would  make me so angry, that many an afternoon would be spent re-telling of what happened in school and venting my frustration.( this was much to my cousin's disgust because she thought maybe spending her afternoon watching a film would have been better.really?!?)
So I made a promise to myself at the start of this new year. I said no matter how terrible things are going I shall not be affected by it.(quite ambitious  I was being. I can never NOT care)
I knew that this month will be hellish, in terms of me keeping my promise, because my entire batch has to plan an entire farewell for the seniors and things NEVER go as planned.There are always 2 groups of people those 
1. who are a pain in places where you usually don't want pain.
2. people who yearn to be those people.

and somehow I get caught in the middle. Seen by some as the person who 
1. is our ticket to finally getting a chance
2. is a weirdo girl who shall not been included.(irrespective of the fact that she really doesn't want to be)

Of all the promises I've made I was really working hard to keep this one and today I came very close to not keeping it at all. In my defence its something I will always care about.
But something happened which has never occurred before.I remembered the resolution I had kept, the promise to myself, for the sake of of no one else's sanity but mine.
And with the help of a subconscious that is finally working and a few "its ok! if it happens it happens. If doesn't milk as much fun as you can out of it!"

So the moral/point of this long long post is a pat on my back for sticking with a new year resolution for once.

And always remember even the simplest, most normal experiences can be explained in over expressive writing.

good night :)
  



p.s- I know the picture is cheesy.but I'm sleepy now and cheesy is all I have.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes cheesy is just perfect. Love your thoughts in this post <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the way you handled it...Its good that you remembered your promise to yourself. Hugs and kisses, darling

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.Do comment :)