Thursday 15 March 2012

On the topic of Words.



Do you have certain words in the english language that you hate and certain which just sound like music to you?
You do!

Oh goody! So I'll share mine first and then you tell me yours.


WORDS I HATE

-Childish : Why is being described as a child so bad! I hate that the word is negatively used. This world needs to be more like a child! i.e sleeping and laughing at googly eyes.

-Sensitive : unless its used to describe high functioning senses eg. highly sensitive hearing, this word makes me do one of my many disgusted ugly faces. Do not ever use to describe your emotions or personality or whatever.

-Rockstar : When it is written in a music magazine or to describe anything to actually do with music its ok. When used for describing attitude it drives me insane. If you aren't actually going to sing for me songs pertaining to the rock genre I will not call you a rockstar! If call yourself one I shall instantly judge you. Be prepared!

   
WORDS I LOVE

-Blasphemous : I love using this word. Its a new favourite of mine, I use it where ever I possibly can.
its has a lovely sound to it. BLASPHEMOUS!

-Poot : according to Urban Dictionary it is used to describe a brief flatulatory experience. That is fancy speak for a tiny fart. How could you not find a word, which sounds like a tiny fart, funny.

-Phototropism : I dont even know why I like this one. But I do.

-Discombobulate : I admit I found this word only because of the Sherlock Holmes movie. I love it when words create the same feeling as what they mean. There is something so confusingly cool about discombobulate.

-Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious : I'm not even going to explain this one.



Now your turn! Yes you, go on. Don't be shy, whoever you are. Anyone?  Hellooo......?


(image source)

5 comments:

  1. 'titillate' does nasty things to the back of my neck and makes me squirm into a seizure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eekh, I do not like the sound of titillate.

      Delete
  2. karman, maybe you like Child-like, noh?

    I have a good one, Susurrus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about child-like. I don't really use it much. Susurrus cracks me up xD

      Delete
    2. child-like is different from childish
      child-like=goody goody(innocent)
      childish=bad(..imagine a terrified child subject the judgmental eyes of an old scrooge)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you.Do comment :)